Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back from vacation!

Buster and I went on vacation the week of Labor Day (6 weeks after his leg was amputation). This was his first trip to the beach. He had an awesome time! He loved the ocean and laying in the sun and exploring! The house we rented was on stilts and he had no problem going up all the stairs several times a day. Every time we left the house, he was running to the door, ready to go.

I'm still so amazed at how well he's doing. He's so happy and runs around just like nothing ever happened. Several people we met at the beach asked what happened to his leg and after I explained, no one could believe it had only been 6 weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading your whole blog! Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you keep us updated on Buster and his life with you! I will keep checking back.

Erica said...

Hello! Thank you for the comment on my blog! So fun that you will be in Charleston. We just moved here in October and I love it. I don't know all of the good restaurants, but here is what I love:

Poe's, Sullivans Island- http://www.poestavern.com/

Mellow Mushroom

The Market Pavillion (go to the 4th floor for drinks) http://www.marketpavilion.com/

Mustard Seed- Mount Pleasant

Friends have also told us to go to the following places in Charleston(which we haven't visited yet):
COAST
Rue De Jean
Magnolia's
Basil
Raval (wine and apps)
Social (wine and good food)

I don't really eat sushi, so I will ask my friends where to go for that ;)